Betbarter is committed to endorsing responsible wa
gering among its customers as well as promoting
awareness of problem gambling and improving prevention, intervention and treatment.
Betbarter’s Responsible Gambling Policy sets out its commitment to minimizing the negative effects of problem gambling and to promoting responsible gambling practices.
Betbarter supports the generation of online gamblers offering them a wide range of games and entertainment. We also take responsibility for our product line-up.
The aim of Betbarter is to provide the world’s safest and most innovative gaming platform for adults. The offered clear and safe products allow each user to play within his financial means and to receive the highest quality service. Integrity, fairness and reliability are the guiding principles of Betbarter’s work. It is therefore clear that Betbarter should do its best to avoid and reduce the problems, which can arise from participation in gambling, particularly in cases of immoderate playing. At the same time it is important to respect the rights of those who take part in games of chance to a reasonable extent as means of entertainment.
Responsible Gambling at Betbarter is based on three fundamental principles: Security of the player, Security of the game and Protection against gaming addiction. Together with research institutes, associations and therapy institutions, we work on creation of a responsible, secure and reliable framework for online gaming.
BetBarter's Responsible Gaming Message
Betbarter's responsible gaming message is simple yet meaningful - 'Awareness Assistance Support'. This is the commitment to harm minimisation and support for customers whereby:
Awareness - supporting harm minimisation by building awareness of responsible gambling
programs and services for staff and customers, who will be provided with contacts of organizations where
they can receive professional advice and support.
Here are the some organizations you may contact when facing a problem gaming situation:
- Fundashon pa Maneho di Adiksho https://fma-curacao.com
- The Responsible Gaming Foundation: https://www.rgf.org.mt/
- BeGambleAware: https://www.begambleaware.org/
- Gambling Therapy: https://www.gamblingtherapy.org/
- Assistance - ontributing to harm minimisation by providing assistance to customers in managing their gaming behaviours;
- Support - delivering a supportive environment where the potential for harm is minimised and a culture of responsible gaming support is embedded in the organisation
Self-responsibility is the most sustainable form of prevention
The basic principle promoted by Betbarter is that the final decision and responsibility on whether to play or not, and how much money can be spent on the game should be assumed by the customer himself.
Self-responsibility of the customer is therefore the most effective form of protection from addiction. Betbarter sees its responsibility in assisting the customers by providing transparent products, full information and keeping a clear line of conduct.
This policy outlines the commitment of Betbarter to taking a responsible approach to gambling and its potential effects on individuals.
What is self-exclusion?
Self-exclusion is a formal process whereby individuals can cease to participate in the site.
How does self-exclusion happen?
Individuals can self-exclude by contacting us by the email firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Self-exclusion' in the title and include their username, email, mobile number, copy of the document used for KYC and the reason for account closure or exclusion.
Betbarter shall mark the individual's record accordingly within 2 working days of receipt of the self-exclusion notification and will send confirmation that the instruction has been applied to the individual's account.
If an individual has gambled in our website, and subsequently sends a self-exclusion notification, their subscription will be cancelled immediately and any subsequent activity will not be considered.
An individual will not be entitled to any winnings for which participation has been revoked following self-exclusion notification.
How long does self-exclusion extend to?
The individual must be given the option to exclude for a specified period of no less than 5 years or permanently.
If an individual chooses not to extend their self-exclusion and makes any positive request to begin gambling again following the end of their self-exclusion, they will be given 24 hours to cool off before being allowed participate.
Irrespective of the expiry of the period of self-exclusion chosen by an individual, no marketing material will be sent to them unless and until they have asked for or agreed to accept such material.
In requesting self-exclusion, the individual agrees to provide full and accurate personal details, now and in the future, so as to ensure we are able to restrict access to our services. If an individual does choose to self-exclude we will use all reasonable endeavors to ensure we comply with the self-exclusion process.
However, in agreeing to self-exclude, the individual must accept that they have a parallel undertaking not to seek to circumvent the self-exclusion.
Accordingly, Betbarter takes no responsibility or liability for any subsequent consequences or losses that an individual may suffer or incur if they commence or continue gambling by providing misleading, inaccurate or incomplete details or otherwise seek to circumvent the self-exclusion agreed.
Can I just take a break?
Alternatively, you may choose to simply suspend your account for a smaller period of time (between 24 hours up to 6 weeks) which will be defined by you. To this end, you should contact our Responsible Gaming Team by e-mail (email@example.com), with 'Time-out' in the title and include your username, email, mobile number, copy of the document used for KYC and the reason for account suspension. After this, we will be happy to guide you through it!
Ideally you can just request your timeout directly on the website on the account settings section.
By providing training to staff on their responsibilities for self-exclusion, Betbarter will address self-exclusion in their induction training and will complete refresher training annually.
Keeping all your information confidential through this process will be complied at all time by our team.
Betbarter will use player tracking systems to determine whether self-excluded players are participating in any gambling activity.
Clients shall be informed about the several organizations that are available in order to help them dealing with their situation. For more information about these entities and their respective, please see above.
Self-excluded players will be advised to remove Betbarter from their notifications and delete/uninstall all apps, downloads and social media links. Installing software that blocks access to gambling websites will also be suggested.
Removal of the self-exclusion/time-out or involuntary exclusion list will be automatical upon expiration of the determined period.
Self-excluded players should be strongly recommended to also seek exclusion from all other gambling operators they have an account with.
We take responsibility for the security of our players. Protection of the players is based on forbidding the attendance of the minors from participation in games and the protection of privacy, which involves responsible processing of personal data and payments. Fairness and the random nature of the products offered are monitored closely by independent organizations. Marketing communication is also geared towards player protection: we promise only what players can receive in our transparent line.
It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to open an account or gamble with Betbarter. We require new members to declare that they are over 18 years of age and carry out age verification checks on all new accounts.
If you are under the age of 18 years (or below the age of majority as stipulated in the laws of the jurisdiction applicable to you) or if you are not legally able to enter into a binding legal agreement with us, you must not use our service.
If we suspect that you are or receive notification that you are currently under 18 years or were under 18 years (or below the age of majority as stipulated in the laws of the jurisdiction applicable to you) when you placed any bets through the service your account will be suspended to prevent you placing any further bets or making any withdrawals from your account. We will then investigate the matter, including whether you have been betting as an agent for, or otherwise on behalf, of a person under 18 years (or below the age of majority as stipulated in the laws of the jurisdiction applicable to you). If having found that you:(a) are currently;(b) were under 18 years or below the majority age which applies to you at the relevant time; or c) have been betting as an agent for or at the behest of a person under 18 years or below the majority age which applies:
- i. all winnings currently or due to be credited to your account will be retained;
- ii. all winnings gained from betting through the service whilst under age must be confiscated;
- iii. any monies deposited in your Betbarter.com account which are not winnings will be returned to you;
In the event we suspect you are in breach of this policy or that you are attempting to rely on it for a fraudulent purpose, we reserve the right to take any action necessary in order to investigate the matter, including informing the relevant authorities.
In order to offer the best possible protection of minors, we also rely on the support of parents and caregivers. Please keep your data for account access in a safe place (user ID and password).
Furthermore, we would recommend that you install filter software. This software will allow you to restrict the access to Internet resources inappropriate for children and teenagers.
Responsibility towards problems
Betbarter offers a variety of games and bets, which are forms of entertainment for the majority of customers. At the same time the company takes responsibility for its customers by providing support and tools for maintenance of a secure and entertaining environment taking into account the associated risks.
The clients who have difficulty in assessing risks, recognizing their own limits or those who suffer from gambling addiction are not able to enjoy our product line-up responsibly and perceive it as a form of entertainment. Betbarter takes responsibility for such users by blocking their access to its products for their own protection.
What is the problematic game behavior?
A problematic game behavior is considered to be such behavior, which interferes mode of life, work, financial position or health of a person or his family. Long participation in games is counter indicative to such person as it can lead to negative consequences.
In 1980 the pathological game dependence has been officially recognized and enlisted in the list of psychological diseases of international classification system DSM-IV and ICD-10. It is defined as long, repeating and frequently amplifying inclination for game, despite of existing negative personal and social circumstances, such as a debt, rupture of family relations and delay of professional growth.
In what cases behavior of a person should be considered as dependence?
It is necessary to underline that the diagnoses of game dependence can be qualified only by experts. The material presented on this webpage will help you to estimate and define your own game behavior.
The special hazard of addictions that are not associated with any substance is that it is very difficult to define the line between pleasure and addiction. Nevertheless, there are some diagnostic signals that may point out the existing problems. In the presence of at least five of the following symptoms, the likelihood of the severe dependence is high:
- 1. The player is deeply involved in gambling; all his thoughts are only about the game.
- 2. Bet sum increases in course of time.
- 3. Attempts to quit or control his participation in the games appear to be unsuccessful.
- 4. When limiting his participation in gambling, a person experiences irritation and disappointment.
- 5. The game is a way to escape from problems or discomfort.
- 6. The player tries to win back the lost amount.
- 7. Lies about his playing behavior.
- 8. Commits illegal acts.
- 9. Spoils or breaks the relationship with family and colleagues.
- 10. Borrows to participate in the games.
Rules for responsible games
Following the rules placed below, you can enjoy the game without anxiety:
- 1. Start playing only when you are calm and concentrated.
- 2. Take regular breaks.
- 3. Define for yourself beforehand the monthly amount you can spend on the game.
- 4. Once setting a maximum limit, do not further increase it.
- 5. Before you start playing, define the maximum amount of winning, after reaching of which you should stop playing.
- 6. Define the amount you can afford to lose beforehand.
- 7. Do not start playing under alcohol or drug influence.
- 8. Do not start playing in a depressed state.
Betbarter's main obligations regarding responsible gambling:
- 1. To display responsible gambling information in every website of its different brands.
- 2. To informs its players about the nature of gambling as entertainment associated with certain risks, and not as a way to generate income.
- 3. To encourage players to bet within reasonable limits.
- 4. To provide information on the rules of all gambling activities offered for play. Those rules will be made available in every website of its different brands.
- 5. To have a Customer Support team at the client's service, which is available 24 hours a day seven days a week.
- 6. To create and follow an self-exclusion program available for customers to ban themselves from gambling, that informs and encourages applicants to seek counselling and assistance.
- 7. To deny its service to underaged players or to players with gaming addiction.
- 8. To create and use mechanisms for monitoring how players are using our services, and ultimately suspend their accounts when a situation of irresponsible gaming is detected.
- 9. To give its clients the possibility to limit the amount of their deposits.